Monday, December 26, 2011

There's no place like home

Driving home after Christmas is an exercise in geometry and patience. Geometry because it takes a highly analytical mind to organize both the gifts and the people in the car without blocking necessary windows or DOT-mandated passenger restraints. Patience because we were in the car for 9 hours on quite possibly the most boring road in America.  I-81 from one end of Virginia to another is a snooze. Fortunately, it is so intoxicatingly dull that the little nugget got in a good long nap in between episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba, games of "moo at the cows!" and "what do you see out the window?", and long stretches of pushing the buttons on his new Buzz Lightyear. Mom and dad, on the other hand, took turns driving and yelling at traffic. No adult naps were to be had. Boo!

Do you ever wonder why sitting so long in the car makes you so far beyond tired, you can't even see tired in the rear view mirror?  I am so spacey right now that I bet my grammar sucks in this post and to be honest, I don't even care. For me, that is huge. HUGE!

I am off work tomorrow and it should be slow and easy for the rest of the week. As Tammy Faye would say back in the day, PTL praise the lord. I am going to go fall down face first on my bed right now. Sleep tight Internetanistas!

OH I ALMOST FORGOT - I am on Twitter! I still totally don't understand it but what the heck, right? My ID is momUNblogger.  Look me up!

1 comment:

  1. My joints get so stiff from long drives! It takes me a few days to recover. Glad you made it home safe and sound...and sane!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs